Sunday 15 January 2012

How often have we seen this in the workplace or at home

I attended a course called Honest Conversations last year where the topic was primarily about what we say/don't say and what is really said is actually very different. 

This is me trying to imagine how the recipients of an email at work
could/would have interpreted it in their heads! 

Here is the situation

Boss-bee sends out an email note to 3 worker-bees asking for something. 
For the third time! Will the individual get what they are asking for?

Here's a list of potential responses that could be buzzing around inside the heads of the worker-bees...

A. Get it yourself - aka delegating upward.
B. I thought the others on the email were going to do it - be specific with your request.
C. I have no idea what this email is about - he's wasting my time and he should know.
D. I need to make him beg - not a priority for me. And he should know.
E. Long emails - matter of time before he exceeds his email quota and won't be able to send such long emails.
F. I want more communication from the boss - when was the last time he spoke to me without asking for something.
G. All of the above 

A little bird tells me that all of this could apply at home as well. 
Just ask people in households with 2 or more residents!

No comments:

Post a Comment