Sunday 8 January 2012

10 Reasons to Blog

Here's my list. If any of this resonates with the reader its pure coincidence and not intentional :)

0. I was trying to find something to do during down-time between games on TV.

1. Sudden Eureka moment when I was in the shower.

2. They've made it so easy, its almost a crime not to.

3. I'm playing catch up. Still don't have a Facebook account or Twitter or Google+ account yet.

4. Its the one thing that my wife doesn't do (at least not yet) and I can (at least pretend to).

5. Gives me something  to talk about during the next Madras Kutchery season at the Music Academy Cafeteria.

6. Some day this may actually count as a skill on my CV.

7. I would like to show up more often on Google searches.

8. Makes me feel like I'm doing something important at home. Beats surfing-the-web or watching TV,
when it comes to convincing myself that I've done something useful.

9. A new 'Get-out-of-jail' card if I may. If I can actually write 10 sentences together, I may be able to convince my wife to help the kids with the homework or take them out for haircuts when its really my turn to do so.

10a. Clears my conscience that my last cogent sentence was composed many, many moons ago.

10b. I wouldn't, if I could write a real book.

10c. Part of New Year resolutions list. This one is off mine :)

I sure hope this is my first&last/only 'top 10' list of any kind. As you may have observed, I definitely can't limit myself to 10. May have to make these 'top 10+ '!

No comments:

Post a Comment